Tax Problems & Resolution

Tax Problems & Resolution

Are you having tax resolution issues with the IRS? While unpleasant and inconvenient, it is not uncommon to get a letter now and then from the IRS. When you do receive a letter, please stay calm and remember even minor IRS problems will not just magically disappear. Instead, you need a solid backup plan and a team behind you to resolve your IRS tax issues.

When it comes to taxes, you do not want to have unpaid tax bills because the IRS has no mercy. Not only that, the IRS will try to add penalties and interest to the total tax bill they think you owe. The IRS’ entire job is to collect whatever it is they think you owe. However, there are times when your taxes are misreported or even reflect a misunderstanding in your tax filing 

With the constant changes to the tax code, you need to know your rights as a taxpayer especially when you receive a notice from the IRS. Once you receive a letter from the IRS, it must be confronted. Ignoring these letters will only dig deeper pitfalls for you in the future. There is no running away from the tax problems you may be facing with the IRS. 

Call Jack Trent & Co. CPAs  and we will help you deal with the IRS for any kind of tax-related issue you may be facing with them. We pride ourselves in being tax resolution experts and we will take care of your problem as affordably, efficiently, and discretely as we can.

FAQ’s about IRS related tax problems: 

I received an IRS audit-related letter in the mail. Where do I start?
Start with a phone call to Jack Trent & Co. CPAs. We are excellent IRS audit representatives. In fact, as your personal CPA, it is our duty to represent you in the event you receive an IRS audit-related letter for the years we complete your tax work. We offer this representation as a service to you and to help reduce the stress and hassle of an IRS audit. Relax, we got this! 

I haven’t filed my tax return in years. What should I do?
As daunting as this task may be, we can help you with the years you haven’t filed so the IRS doesn’t take advantage of you. Taxes always need to be filed. Please come see us today so we can help you be current with your tax filing. 

I owe back taxes. Will I need to pay the whole bill?
This can be a stressful situation. Not only will you need to deal with the tax bill, but you will need to understand the penalties and interest attached to that bill. We may be able to negotiate a lesser settlement directly with the IRS or through our in-house attorney with the IRS. You have rights as a taxpayer, even when you owe back taxes. We have your back! 

I have tax liens on my property. What can I do?
You may feel that your hands are tied when the IRS places a lien on your property due to uncollected taxes. In most cases, we can negotiate a favorable payment plan to remove the property lien from the IRS. We may even be able to help reduce penalties and interest, too. Turn an unfavorable situation around by letting us help you. 

I owe the IRS lots of money and they are now threatening to garnish my wages. Where can I find help?
If you are facing a mountain of unpaid tax bills, we may be able to negotiate a lesser tax burden than what is proposed to you from the IRS. While paying taxes is never a comfortable thing, you can rest assured that we will help you only pay your fair share and in most cases, help you keep your paycheck intact.


At Jack Trent & Co. CPAs, we can answer all of these uncomfortable questions and many others you do not see on this list. Give us a call!

Please contact Jack Trent & Company CPAs for a free Tax Resolution Consultation today at 208.947.2400. We look forward to hearing from you and how we can help!